Speaking At Ignite Sunshine Coast
You have a message. The world is waiting to hear it
If you have a message, great idea or even a story to inspire then the world is waiting to hear it. An Ignite Sunshine Coast event is the opportunity to spread your message to not only the local community but to the entire world.
What is an Ignite Talk?
An ignite talk is a 5-minute presentation accompanied by 20 slides that you have prepared. The slides are set to auto-advance every 15 seconds leaving you as the presenter 5 minutes to share your unique message, idea or story. When the last slide has ceased to display your talk has concluded.
Who do we want to speak at Ignite Sunshine Coast?
Most of the Ignite Sunshine Coast events will be an open forum. In other words, there will be no set theme. We like to see a variety of speakers with a unique message at our events.
Do I need to be an experienced presenter?
You do not need to be an experienced speaker/presenter to talk at an Ignite Sunshine Coast event. However, we do expect quality talks so you need to be prepared and well rehearsed. As Impact Presentations is an organizer and sponsor, we are always on hand to help with your presentation.
Conditions and Guidelines
Please read and understand the conditions and guidelines prior to submitting your application to speak at an Ignite Sunshine Coast event
- If you are accepted as an Ignite Sunshine Coast speaker we will remain in contact leading up to the event.
- Correspondence will be via email. We may call you to touch base and to see how you are progressing with your talk.
- Do not blow off our emails. If we send you an email requiring a response please respond.
- Social media messenger services are not used to contact us with regards to your talk at the event.
- We will reject talks that are illegal, vulgar or intentionally offensive. Controversial can be okay. We like to hear different points of view. If you are unsure please check with us.
- You are to be well rehearsed and prepared prior to the event.
- You only get one chance on the night. Once your talk has commenced you are committed to finishing. You do not get to start again. (except in the case of technical difficulties)
- Ignite Talks are an opportunity to present a message or idea in a unique way. You are not permitted to pitch/promote products or services during your presentation.
- You are to provide 20 slides to us no less than 5 days prior to the event.
- Slides can be sent to us via email if under 25mb or via Dropbox
- The organizers will check and set the auto advance of your slides.
- Text heavy slides will be rejected (the audience won’t like these anyway)
- Slides are to be static only. They are not to contain builds, animated objects or video.
- Images on your slides are to be your own or have permission to use. The organizers accept no responsibility for copyright infringement.
- Do not include a slide with your name or presentation title; we provide that for you and this slide doesn’t count towards your 20 slide limit.
- You will be advised as to what aspect ratio we require your slides to be designed (this will vary according to the venue)
Video and photography
- You may be photographed and video/audio taken from your talk.
- Ignite Sunshine Coast has the right to use photographs, video and audio (taken by the organizer or employed personnel) of you and your talk.
- Video and photographs may be used for promotional purposes and submitted online.
- The organizers have no control over video and photography taken by audience members.
- Social media will be used to promote Ignite Sunshine Coast, prior, during and after the event.
- We strongly encourage speakers to share Ignite Sunshine Coast events on their social media feed.